LIKE US!

10/02/2011

VIVACIOUS SKIN: Dry Skin Brushing

Many pay close and often extreme attention to their face, but what about the rest of your body? There’s skin covering your entire body that needs attention. Toxins are not only released in your face, they are released through your skin, which is covering your entire body.

Your skin is the largest organ of your body. It’s often called the 3rd kidney because next to the kidney and your lungs, it releases a large amount of toxins from your body daily. Actually about ¼ of toxins are released through the skin. Skin has the very important job to protect the inner layers of our organs and our bones. So we must do our part to help our skin help us. Aside from keeping clean and moisturizing daily, another thing I do is “Dry Skin Brush.”

If you’ve never heard of Dry Skin Brushing before, you’re going to learn a little bit about it today. It is exactly what it sounds like. I take a brush (like the one in the picture above) and rub it against my skin (all over my body-from head to toe-always brushing in the direction towards my heart)
Direction to brush towards heart
Be sure to always brush, no matter what body part you’re on, in the direction of your heart (see picture above). This is very important, because while dry skin brushing helps remove dead skin, it also stimulates the nervous system and blood flow while also stimulating hormonal glands.  Always be sure to brush in towards the direction of your heart! Additional benefits of dry skin brushing: it helps reduce cellulite, massages the skin-helping to awaken live new cells and it’s rejuvenating!

After dry skin brushing, I shower or bathe, as normal, and after washing I promptly moisturize my skin with either my home made Anti-Aging Skin Tightening Crème or Organ Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (depends on how I feel). If you do this you will soon discover that your skin will be so soft and subtle to the touch. You’ll be tempted not to moisturize your skin, it’ll be just that soft! (But never skip moisturizing your skin!)



By the way, I did a test of dry skin brushing and saw remarkable differences in my skin immediately. Then I stopped and saw differences immediately, except these not so positive. *smile* So without getting into the grimy details, let's just say that dry skin brushing has proven itself to be quite effective. And this isn't something that is just for women. Men can and should do this too. Toxins releasing from the skin is not a gender thing. *smile* 

Now for those of you who are about to run and grab your hair brush…hold on! There is a special brush that it used just for dry skin brushing. I use a simple Yerba Prima Tampico Skin Brush. I like this one because it has a handle if I need it or I can remove the handle and just hold the brush and begin my brushing. However, they come in all different shapes, sizes, models, brands and types. Play around with a couple and see which ones work best for you! Happy Skin Brushing!



PLEASE NOTE! This site (including but not limited to: all food, hair and skin care recipes; tips; tutorials; writings; and, downloads) are absolutely free to the public! Because it's free, I ask one simple favor in return, as your token of appreciation for my humanitarian effort...I realize you may want to share and maybe even use Veg Vivaciously's content in your business (including but not limited to: blog(s), e-zine(s), website(s), free publication(s), etc). You can, as long as you (1) do not charge a fee; (2) cite the direct link of the Veg Vivaciously content used; and, (3) include the verbiage below with the Veg Vivaciously content used:
-------COPY BLURB BELOW-------
This content was originally from Veg Vivaciously, a website that teaches healthier alternatives one veggie at a time. You can get your FREE (food, hair and skin care) recipes, tutorials and other writings and tips directly at www.vegvivaciously.org. PLUS you can stay connected and join the Veg Vivaciously community on Facebook, Twitter and/or even download the Veg Vivaciously Toolbar and/or Phone App to stay in the know!
-------COPY BLURB ABOVE-------


 
Copyright © 2011 Veg Vivaciously All Rights Reserved.