- 1 pack of wheat (vegan) macaroni pasta
- 2 ½ packs of Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pack of Daiya Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 stick of earth balance (vegan butter)
- ½ cup non-dairy milk(I used coconut-don't worry you don't taste it)
- 1 tbsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ pack of Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ tbsp. mustard seed (finely ground)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
Making the Mac and Cheese
- Boil your pasta (as directed).
- Drain and rinse.
- Put your earth balance vegan butter in the pot, melt the butter...
- add ¼ cup water (stir)
- add your pasta
- your seasonings and fold in your vegan cheeses. Be sure to fold the cheese in evenly so it won’t clump and stick. This is Vegan cheese but it behaves like “real” cheese. *smile*
Making the Cheese Sauce
In a separate sauce pan...
- put all of your contents for the cheese sauce.
- Stirring consistently until the cheese melts. It’s going to look more liquidy than cheesy, that’s ok, this is just to keep your mac and cheese from being dry. Nothing worse than dry mac and cheese. Trust me on this…you don’t want to skip this step.
- Put your cheesy pasta in your bake dish.
- Spread it evenly.
- Pour the cheese sauce over it and let is sit until it soaks all the way through. You might have to lightly toss it to help the sauce move throughout.
- I also put a lil more salt and pepper sprinkled on top...
- Sprinkle ½ pack of the Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese on top.
Bake for 20-30 mins. And serve with dinner.
|Vegan Mac & Cheese, MeatLessloaf and Cabbage w/Carrots and Kale (click image for meatlessloaf recipe)|
I fed a few meat-a-tarians this meal and they all loved it. I was told by several the mac and cheese and the meatlessloaf tasted "real". *smile* I secretly love feeding non-vegan people...because when they see how good food tastes, they forget that they are eating all plant based foods. One person asked me what was in the meatLESSloaf and when I told her, she said..."so basically I'm eating vegetables shaped like meatloaf"...*smile* what a chuckle we had...
Hope you all enjoy this as much as my guest(s) and I did...let me know what you serve it with! Did you mix it up as I did...raw with a lil cooked or did you cook it all? Please share!
PLEASE NOTE! This site (including but not limited to: all food, hair and skin care recipes; tips; tutorials; writings; and, downloads) are absolutely free to the public! Because it's free, I ask one simple favor in return, as your token of appreciation for my humanitarian effort...I realize you may want to share and maybe even use Veg Vivaciously's content in your business (including but not limited to: blog(s), e-zine(s), website(s), free publication(s), etc). You can, as long as you (1) do not charge a fee; (2) cite the direct link of the Veg Vivaciously content used; and, (3) include the verbiage below with the Veg Vivaciously content used:
-------COPY BLURB BELOW-------
This content was originally from Veg Vivaciously, a website that teaches healthier alternatives one veggie at a time. You can get your FREE (food, hair and skin care) recipes, tutorials and other writings and tips directly at www.vegvivaciously.org. PLUS you can stay connected and join the Veg Vivaciously community on Facebook, Twitter and/or even download the Veg Vivaciously Toolbar and/or Phone App to stay in the know!
-------COPY BLURB ABOVE-------Copyright © 2011-2012 Veg Vivaciously All Rights Reserved.