LIKE US!

10/03/2011

RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Raw Vegan Spaghetti with MeatLESSballs!

So you're trying to adapt a raw vegan or plant based diet into your lifestyle. But you miss pasta? Well this recipe is for you...

MeatLESSballs Ingredients
  • 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 1 tsp celtic sea salt
  • 1 tbsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp onion flakes
  • 16 oz of portabella mushrooms
  • ½ green bell pepper
  • ¼ red onion
  • ½ red bell pepper
  • 1 ½ cups of carrot pulp,
  • ½ cup beet pulp
  • ½ cup spinach/kale/collard pulp
  • 1 tbsp hemp powder 
Please Note: in place of pulp you can use finely chopped those ingredients. I used pulp from when I juice---this is why I stress to save your pulp from juicing--nothing goes to waste!

Please also note: I usually make all my meatLESS burgers the night before. That way when I go to sleep and wake up, it's ready.


Spaghetti Sauce Ingredients 
  • 7 oz sundried tomatoes
  • 3 tomatoes
  • ½ green pepper
  • ½ red pepper
  • 1 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tsp celtic sea salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tbsp basil
  • ½ tsp thyme
  • ½ tsp sage
  • pinch of morgoram
  • a few pieces of jalepeno peppers 
Please Note: I make my tomato sauce the day before so it can marinade in the sauces over night.


Spaghetti Ingredients
  • 2 Zucchini's
  • 1 carrot
  • ½ bell pepper
  • ¼ red onion
  • 3 garlic cloves
Making the Tomato Sauce

Throw all of the Tomato Sauce ingredients into your Vitamix, blend. Pour into a bowl and let it sit to marinate in the ingredients. I usually make my sauces the night before and let them marinate in the seasonings overnight.

Making the MeatLESSballs
Mix the dry ingredients in your food processor (i.e., sunflower seeds, chili powder, cumin, celtic sea salt, pepper, onion flakes, and hemp powder. Set to the side.

Chop onions, bell pepper (green and red) very fine fold into dry mixture, add in pulp wet mixtures (i.e., carrot, beet and spinach/kale/collard pulps)…mix, mold into desired size balls. Then let it sit in the fridge for an hour so that it can set. Take out, let it sit for 20 minutes then put it into the dehydrator and un-cook it until its done. For my Dehydrator, it took about 5-7 hours. But you'll know when they're ready, because like a meat burger, it will brown a little bit and that’s when its done. But remember you want them to be a little hard...because you're going to marinade them in the tomato sauce. I typically make these the night before too. When I wake up, they're ready.

 Then take them, let them marinade in the tomato sauce. 
 
Making The Spaghetti
First I peeled the green off of the zucchini with a potato peeler. Then I spiralized both zucchini's making them into spaghetti shaped pasta like forms. Then I let it marinate in a lil olive oil and celtic seasalt for about 2 hours. I simply folded in some finely chopped bell pepper, garlic and red onion, then I mixed the tomato sauce with the zucchini and I got spaghetti! I wanted it warm so I put it in the dehydrator for a bit.

Its amazing what you can do with vegetables, don't you think? 

When your Spaghetti and MeatLESSballs are warm to your desired taste...then eat them! Enjoy!


PLEASE NOTE! This site (including but not limited to: all food, hair and skin care recipes; tips; tutorials; writings; and, downloads) are absolutely free to the public! Because it's free, I ask one simple favor in return, as your token of appreciation for my humanitarian effort...I realize you may want to share and maybe even use Veg Vivaciously's content in your business (including but not limited to: blog(s), e-zine(s), website(s), free publication(s), etc). You can, as long as you (1) do not charge a fee; (2) cite the direct link of the Veg Vivaciously content used; and, (3) include the verbiage below with the Veg Vivaciously content used:
-------COPY BLURB BELOW-------
This content was originally from Veg Vivaciously, a website that teaches healthier alternatives one veggie at a time. You can get your FREE (food, hair and skin care) recipes, tutorials and other writings and tips directly at www.vegvivaciously.org. PLUS you can stay connected and join the Veg Vivaciously community on Facebook, Twitter and/or even download the Veg Vivaciously Toolbar and/or Phone App to stay in the know!
-------COPY BLURB ABOVE-------


 
Copyright © 2011 Veg Vivaciously All Rights Reserved.