LIKE US!

9/11/2011

VIVACIOUS SKIN: My Two Biggest Beauty Secrets (Shhhh!)

I get compliments all the time on my skin. People usually say I look about 10-15 years younger than I actually am. When I let them know my age, they typically want to know my beauty regime. It's a shame to say that I don't have a complex one. I don't have 4-7 different cleansing aids for my face and body. My bathroom isn't cluttered with all of that mess either! Well...at least not anymore.

I have a simple regime that I want to share with everyone. I use the same soap on my face as I do my entire body. It's interesting how mainstream society will have one to think that because your face is "sensitive" you need a special blend of harsh chemical components to clean and tone your skin. I get a chuckle every time I think about that, because it just doesn't make any sense. Let's think about this for a moment, taking a look at children. Parents use the same soap all over their child's face and body. The skin is its most sensitive and pure in our youth, why has this changed simply because we've aged? 

It hasn't! Yes, we age and our skin is reflective of our aging process. More goes into our skin than just the topical. We have to take as much care about what we put into our bodies, as we take the care for what we put on our bodies. By drinking water and eating a healthy balanced diet, your skin will automatically exude vivaciousness. Mainstream society has us thinking that we can use "insert brands here" to stop the aging process, reverse it, dye our skin color (ooops I mean even and tone our skin), and all of that is supposed to leave our skin looking vibrant and with a "glow"? 

I'm here to tell you that glow is temporary, because many of those products literally burn the outer layer of your facial skin off. So of course revealing that second layer of skin will look "brand new". Well...because it is. While it's true, our face is sensitive, mainly because there are thinner layers of skin on our face than the rest of our body, it simply means the face needs less attention than the rest.  Meaning, your face needs less chemicals on it, not more.

MY REGIME
I wash my face, as I do my entire body, with a castile (a vegetable base) soap. My preferred brand of castile based soap is Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps. Aside from the fact that they are castile based,  they are filled with a combination of organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils, creates a unique soap that cleans effectively without being aggressive and produces a velvety-lather that leaves the skin silky-smooth and refreshed. As if all of this just isn't enough...it's a fair trade product! This makes me a customer for life!

I've been using Dr. Bronner's for quite some time now. I use it on my face, body and hair! (I'll blog about my Dr. Bronner's hair regime on a later date.) I love the mixture of oils that leave my skin feeling squeeky clean and moisturized.  You would think with all of the oil components that's in it, it would leave your skin really oily, but it doesn't. It cleans deep beyond the surface removing excessive dirt and since using it, I notice that I only have to do a deep exfoliating treatment once a week or two. (Don't worry, I'll also blog on my home-made exfoliant on a later date.)
After washing, I pat my face and body dry and I simply put on organic extra virgin coconut oil. This is my main moisturizing regime. Even when I make home-made lotions, oils and body butters I use organic extra virgin coconut oil as a base. The same coconut oil that I cook with, is the same coconut oil that I put on my face, body and hair. There are many brands of coconut oil out there, I've never tried any other brand other than the Nutiva brand. It really compliments the Dr. Bronner's soaps, I believe, and leaves my skin with a glow. I don't wear make-up and I never look dull or lifeless. I look happy, even when I'm not smiling, because my skin is vibrant and I even have that "pregnant woman's glow" that we ladies all long for.

For easier accessibility I simply pour the organic extra virgin coconut oil into little 3oz bottles, this way its easy to use. And if it solidifies, I run it under warm water for a minute to liquify it, then I put the oil on my face and body. And voila! You now have vivacious skin that's healthy and glowing, not just on your face, but also your arms, abs, legs...really your entire body is rejuvenated. Believe it or not your face isn't the only body part that glows. It like it illuminates your entire body! So give it a try. 


PLEASE NOTE! This site (including but not limited to: all food, hair and skin care recipes; tips; tutorials; writings; and, downloads) are absolutely free to the public! Because it's free, I ask one simple favor in return, as your token of appreciation for my humanitarian effort...I realize you may want to share and maybe even use Veg Vivaciously's content in your business (including but not limited to: blog(s), e-zine(s), website(s), free publication(s), etc). You can, as long as you (1) do not charge a fee; (2) cite the direct link of the Veg Vivaciously content used; and, (3) include the verbiage below with the Veg Vivaciously content used:
-------COPY BLURB BELOW-------
This content was originally from Veg Vivaciously, a website that teaches healthier alternatives one veggie at a time. You can get your FREE (food, hair and skin care) recipes, tutorials and other writings and tips directly at www.vegvivaciously.org. PLUS you can stay connected and join the Veg Vivaciously community on Facebook, Twitter and/or even download the Veg Vivaciously Toolbar and/or Phone App to stay in the know!
-------COPY BLURB ABOVE-------


 
Copyright © 2011 Veg Vivaciously All Rights Reserved.