LIKE US!

9/15/2011

DID YOU KNOW: I love Ginger and Peppermint Tea

I absolutely love ginger and peppermint tea. Peppermint tea, I've loved all my life, since a child. I grew up drinking it. However, Ginger tea and I had a torrid love affair and let's just say we still have a strong passionate relationship...

Did you know that these two tea's are very medicinal, though? I mean the healing properties they both have are outrageous! It's amazing that when we pay attention to what our body needs and likes, it will gravitate us to those things we are suppose to have to refuel it. I didn't start drinking these tea's because they are good for me. I started drinking these tea's because they are amazingly tasting tea's and I noticed how my body reacts to each one.

But enough of that, I'm sure you all want me to get on with it already and just tell you how these teas are good for you...so here goes...
Ginger Root Tea: 2 cups water, 2-3 inches ginger root, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1-2 tsp raw honey bring to boil and drink.

Ginger root is an ancient medicinal root that is known for its healing powers with headaches, nausea, menstrual symptoms, arthritis, colds, flu, digestion, upset stomach, colic, diarrhea, heart conditions, motion sickness, inflammation...and is even known to help in the chemotherapy nausea side effects.

Contrary to peoples comments on the taste of raw ginger. Fresh ginger root is more sweet than spicy (hot)...its been my experience that the more bad (spoiled) the root the more spicier it is.  Don't get me wrong, I mean, I wouldn't bite into this to cure that sweet tooth! It has a kick! But its not like drinking a bottle of tobasco sauce.
Peppermint Tea: 2 cups water, mint leaves (with stems)...boil (optional: raw honey to taste)
Peppermint is known for its tummy soothing properties. But aside from curing an upset stomach, its great for sinus, headaches, relaxing muscles, clearing skin, fighting arthritis and even gingivitis! It promotes better breathing and is known to be an anti-cancer agent.

Of course as the name indicates, this tea will have a peppermint taste. It's light, not a heavy tea. I think everyone will love peppermint tea. Enjoy! XOXO




PLEASE NOTE! This site (including but not limited to: all food, hair and skin care recipes; tips; tutorials; writings; and, downloads) are absolutely free to the public! Because it's free, I ask one simple favor in return, as your token of appreciation for my humanitarian effort...I realize you may want to share and maybe even use Veg Vivaciously's content in your business (including but not limited to: blog(s), e-zine(s), website(s), free publication(s), etc). You can, as long as you (1) do not charge a fee; (2) cite the direct link of the Veg Vivaciously content used; and, (3) include the verbiage below with the Veg Vivaciously content used:
-------COPY BLURB BELOW-------
This content was originally from Veg Vivaciously, a website that teaches healthier alternatives one veggie at a time. You can get your FREE (food, hair and skin care) recipes, tutorials and other writings and tips directly at www.vegvivaciously.org. PLUS you can stay connected and join the Veg Vivaciously community on Facebook, Twitter and/or even download the Veg Vivaciously Toolbar and/or Phone App to stay in the know!
-------COPY BLURB ABOVE-------


 
Copyright © 2011 Veg Vivaciously All Rights Reserved.
 
 





 
Copyright © 2011 Veg Vivaciously All Rights Reserved.