LIKE US!

5/28/2012

Avocado Spring Salad

I was starving today. I woke up around 8:30am, which is sleeping late for me. But I stayed in bed until around noon. Needless to say when I managed to roll myself out of bed, I realized, I hadn't gone grocery shopping or planned my meals for next week! *yikes* Which meant that, I really didn't have much for options to eat RIGHT NOW! ...And the bear in my tummy was growling!!! So I managed to whip up this handy dandy simple salad from left overs in my fridge...
Avocado Spring Salad and Carrot-Aid Juice
 
INGREDIENTS
  • 5 oz of Organic Spring Salad Mix
  • 1 Avocado
  • A little NOT-cho cheese /or/ Tahini Salad Dressing 
  • 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
  • 1 tsp hemp seeds (optional)
  • 1 tsp flax seeds (optional)

I literally put salad in bowl, chopped my avocado and then poured my NOT-cho Cheese on top...then I sprinkled a little chia seeds, hemp seeds and flax seeds on top. This added extra protein, amino's and omega 3's!

I was tired and lazy before this salad, now I seriously have a little energy...I think I'll manage to make my way by the pool side with a book, now! I hope you all have a beautiful Memorial Day!
Avocado Spring Salad
 
TIP:
I usually keep a little seed mix in my pantry. I sprinkle it on fruit and salad very often. It's a great way to get added protein, when you need that extra boost. So here's what I do, I mix 1/4 cup of each: chia seed, hemp seed and flax seed...put them in a container and shake them to mix them up. Then you have a great little sprinkle for your light meals.

-------------
-------------

PLEASE NOTE! This sites content (including but not limited to: all food, hair and skin care recipes; tips; tutorials; writings; and, downloads) are absolutely free to the public! Because it's free, I ask one simple favor in return, as your token of appreciation for my humanitarian effort...I realize you may want to share and maybe even use Veg Vivaciously's content in your business(es) (including but not limited to: blog(s), e-zine(s), website(s), free publication(s), etc). You can, as long as you (1) do not charge a fee; (2) cite the direct link of the Veg Vivaciously content used; and, (3) include the verbiage below with the Veg Vivaciously content used: 
-------COPY BLURB BELOW-------
This content was originally from Veg Vivaciously, a website that teaches healthier alternatives one veggie at a time. You can get your FREE (food, hair and skin care) recipes, tutorials and other writings and tips directly at www.vegvivaciously.org. PLUS you can stay connected and join the Veg Vivaciously community on Facebook, Twitter and/or even download the Veg Vivaciously Toolbar and/or Phone App to stay in the know!
-------COPY BLURB ABOVE-------
Copyright © 2011-2012 Veg Vivaciously All Rights Reserved.